Welcome to 2019
Congenital Heart Defect Week 2019 is right around the corner. Check out our local and national events. We would love for you to participate.
Roar ‘N Run
The Roar ‘N Run Virtual Charity Race is a national online CHD Awareness and fundraising event for the Mended Little Hearts Program. Anyone can participate from ANYWHERE! The goal is to raise as much awareness about congenital heart defects and disease as possible while raising funds for the Mended Little Hearts Bravery Bag Program at the same time.
Rock Your Scar
CHD warriors of ALL ages, show us how you embrace your CHD! Everyone’s journey with a Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) is different, but we all gain scars along the way both emotionally and physically. When survivors come through procedures or pass certain milestones whether it be an echocardiogram, a catherization or open-heart surgery, we say they handled it “like a rock star”! We want every child and adult with CHD to feel good about themselves and be proud of who they are-they ARE Rock Stars! So come on, show us how you rock your scar!
The Rock Your Scar 2019 photo contest and national CHD Awareness campaign starts on January 2, 2019 and ends on February 1, 2019. A scar is not required, but being a person who has congenital heart disease is.
YOU ARE INVITED TO:
TREATS FROM THE HEART
DESSERT BUFFET AND CANDY BAR
PRESENTED BY: Mended Little Hearts of Dallas
WHERE: D3 Classroom near Cardiac ICU at
Children’s Health in Dallas
WHEN: February 12th from 5pm-8pm
WHY: To thank the CMC Heart Center Staff, for their hard work, dedication, care, and love for the many heart heroes that are entrusted in their care. We also want to honor our heart heroes, angels, and their families, and celebrate National Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week 2019.
Treats from the Heart 2018 Donations
1. Dairy Queen (Frisco): Ice Cream Cake
2. Tom Thumb: Gift Card (Candy)
3. Kolache Factory: 5 dozen kolache
4. Cheesecake Factory (Allen): Gift Card (Cheesecake)
5. Cheesecake Factory (Frisco): Gift Card (Cheesecake)
6. Maka Paka Bakery (Frisco): Cake and cookies
7. Donut Shop (Prosper): 3 dozen donuts
8. Jessica Simon Bakery (Prosper): cookies
9. Viva Pediatrics (Plano): popcorn
10. Baked by Lacy: cupcakes and cookies
11. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (Frisco: Candy bars
12. Corner Bakery (Frisco): Cinnamon cake
13. Grand Lux Café: Gift Card (Cake)
14. Chelle’s Cakes: decorated cookies
15. Henderson Cakes: candy suckers
16. Thatcher Family: Drinks
17. Sweets on a Stick: 2 dozen cake pops
18. Dunkin Donuts (McKinney): donuts
19. Sprouts (McKinney): Gift Card (fruit)
20. The Butler’s Pantry Mount Pleasant (Donated by: Texas Neuropsychology Group): 6 dozen cookies
21. Paradise Bakery: cookies
22. Cinnaholic: Cinnamon rolls
23. Delicious Cakes: Cake
24. JD Chippery: cookies
1. Babes: 2 meal coupons
2. Doc’s Games and Comics (Frisco): 2 comics and 2 board games
3. White Rock Coffee: Gift Basket
4. Tiff’s Treats: Gift Card
5. Sassy’s Sonic Smiles: Sonic Gift Card
Also, go here for some fun and exciting upcoming events.
A Heartbeat…for many parents, hearing the heartbeat of their unborn child becomes their first, loving bond to that child. It’s no wonder, then, that discovering that their child has a heart defect, whether diagnosed in the womb, shortly after birth or during childhood, can be devastating. Mended Little Hearts, a support program for parents of children with heart defects and heart disease, is dedicated to inspiring hope in those who care for the littlest heart patients of all. Mended Little Hearts offers resources and a caring support network as families find answers and move forward to find healing and hope. Mended Little Hearts of Dallas is a chapter of the national organization, providing support to heart families in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and surrounding areas. Our first official meeting was held at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas in November of 2011.